Wisefab Front Drift Kit
62 degrees of lock, parallel steering. As an option, there would be a possibility to buy Ackermann adjustment kit. You could tune your steering geometry towards positive Ackermann in just a few minutes even at trackside without messing up an alignment.
7 kg of weight reduction over original components and still maintaining required strength and stiffness.
7075-T6 aluminium billet CNC knuckle and arm with optimized design and all double shear connections provide low weight and high strenght.
CrMo rod ends and sphericals used instead of rubber bushings.
Due to the boxer engine, the original steering rack location is very unsuitable for drifting, therefore the steeringrack has been moved under the front crossmember with a possibility to use either the boxer engine or I6/v8 or anything else. Nissan S-Chassis hydraulic steering rack needs to be used with kit to replace the original electric power steering. S-Chassis steering rack attachment / crossmember insert along with crossmember supports are included with the kit. To modify the crossmsmber some DIY cutting and welding need to be done.
Higher roll center (RC). Lowering the car would mess up the original factory designed kinematics, especially with MacPherson suspension. On Wisefab knuckle, the ball joint is lowered, which brings the front RC up on lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness and letting to remove the front anti roll bar (sway bar) that is quite difficult to package with that high lock angles.
Good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angles. On drift cars the dynamic camber and bump steer is much more important than static. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber would provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal at all the range of steering.
Steering jacking control. During steering the car chassis is moving up and down – this is called jacking. Steering jacking is caused by combination of caster, KPI, trail and scrub. On road cars, this effect is used sometimes to balance the car or to help to turn in. During drifting, when steering angle is much bigger, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry and it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry that it doesn’t cause any handling issues.
Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque. Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque especially at high lock. It’s the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn’t get stuck at full lock.
Other components, packaging and clearance:
- This kit assumes coilovers to have enough clearance.
- Dependent on rim width and ET, wider fenders or fender flares would be needed.
- Due to extremely wide engine bay on Subaru BRZ, we recommend using tires not bigger than 605mm (215/40R17, 225/40R17, 215/35R18, 225/35R18)
- With tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc) and lowered ride height the inner wheel wells need to be slightly modified.
- Minimum rim size is 17“, but we recommend using 18“
- Recommended backspacing is 135-140mm (7“ ET45; 8“ ET35; 9“ ET25). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used.
- Original wheel speed sensor can be used
This Part Fits
- 2013+ Scion FR-S Wisefab Front Drift Kit
- 2013+ Subaru BRZ Wisefab Front Drift Kit
- 2013+ Toyota GT-86 Wisefab Front Drift Kit
- 2017-2019 Toyota 86 Wisefab Front Drift Kit
|Additional Warranty Information||None|
Be the first to review this product
Upload images for this product
Feel free to share pictures of your vehicle with this product!